An Indigenous Firm of Certified Auditors and Chartered Accountants
MSD Mesotlo & Associates is a 100% citizen owned professional services firm of Chartered Accountants and Business Advisors. The firm specialises in providing business solutions in accounting, advisory and assurance. The firm was established, and is lead, by its current Managing Partner and two Associate Directors, one being responsible for Risk Management services and the other Advisory, with the objective of supporting the growth of SMEs in Botswana. The firms’ staff comprises of subject matter experts, with over 35 years collective experience in audit, tax and advisory, and are registered with the Botswana accountants governing bodies.
As the world of business has become increasingly complex, businesses have found it critical to seek solutions from accounting and advisory experts. MSDM is a firm you can trust as your advisor. We familiarize ourselves with every aspect of the client’s business, including accounting, assurance, risk management and business strategy aspects and transform our knowledge to the benefit of our clients.
The founders of the firm also have a passion for youth empowerment, citizen participation and economic diversification and has developed initiatives and policies to create opportunities for youth participation in the development and diversification of the economy of Botswana.
To provide reliable world class assurance, risk management and business advisory solutions for our clients to excel in effectively managing their businesses.
Our vision is to become the number 1 trusted indigenous audit and advisory firm in terms of our quality service delivery, economic and social footprint. Our goal is to train and develop fellow Batswana youth in order to contribute towards the professional skills shortage in the country as well as to continuously support the growth and success of small and medium to large sized organisations, helping them overcome the challenges they face within the turbulent economic climate in which they operate.
Our values are driven by a culture of service excellence to our people and our clients. This culture of service excellence is anchored on the development of our people’s talents and skills and high quality mutually beneficial professional relationships with our clients.
MSDM’s 8 firm values, abbreviated as CUSTOMED, are:
- Culture of excellence – our delivery always expectations, quality is our gospel
- Upholding integrity – honesty, straightforwardness, fairness and professional ethics governs our actions and decisions and forms the core of our relationship
- Social responsibility – we contribute positively to our community and our environment
- Teamwork – Through simple cooperation and working together, we bring out the best in each of us and create synergies for the achievement of common goals
- Openness – we are open to change and to new ideas from our people and stakeholders and explore ways to best provide service to our clients
- Mutual relationships – we build genuine reciprocal beneficial relationships with our people and our clients
- Empowerment – we create a work environment that give individuals and teams room to achieve their highest potential
- Diversity and respect – We embrace diversity and treat others with respect. We value the contribution of individuals irrespective of their background
- Statutory audits
- IT Audits
- Agreed upon procedures and financial investigations – limited assurance
- Tax compliance reviews
- Company and personal tax compliance and consultancy
- VAT audits and consultancy
- Accounting and book keeping services
- Accounting department oversight services
- Compilation of financial statements
- Financial statement reviews
- IFRS conversions and compliance
- Statutory company secretarial compliance and consulting
- Company registration
- Minute secretaries
- Internal audit and risk management services
- Financial due diligence
- Strategy development and implementation
- Project Management
- Market research
- Research, monitoring and evaluation
Is The Language of